Gdansk University of Technology
MSc Ocean Engineering
Degree – Master’s Degree
Teaching at the MSc level is carried out in three specialist directions:
- Construction of ships and ocean engineering objects, with diplomas awarded in:
- Hydromechanics and designing of ships and ocean engineering objects,
- Ship and ocean engineering object production technology and materials science,
- Strength and structural design of ships and ocean engineering objects.
- Machines, power plants and equipment for ships and ocean engineering objects, with diplomas awarded in:
- Ship power plants,
- Power plant automation,
- Steam and gas turbines,
- Ship machinery.
- Numerical methods in mechanics and design:
- Structures and strength of the ship and ocean engineering object systems
- Hydromechanics of ships and ocean engineering objects
- Transport of heat and mass in the ship and ocean engineering object systems
- Modelling and control of the ship and ocean engineering object system.
- The aim of teaching is to prepare the MSc graduates for creative engineering and research work in the broadly understood maritime economy, in Poland and abroad:
- In the design offices of the shipbuilding, ocean engineering, power and machine-building industry,
- In the shipbuilding and ship repair yards, machine-building factories and power industry,
- In enterprises cooperating with the shipbuilding and ocean engineering industry,
- In shipping companies in the ship technical service and surveillance departments (with a possibility of qualifying for the ship engineering officer ranks) and also as repair preparation and organization inspectors,
- In the technical universities, scientific institutes and research establishments of the shipbuilding, machine building and power industries and shipping,
- In the classification societies,
- In own small business enterprises,
- In the state and local government administration.
Tuition – 4000 EUR/year