Language Requirements for Medical Studies in Poland
Language requirements for studying medicine in Poland can vary depending on the university and specialty. However, many medical universities in Poland offer studies in English to international students, so knowledge of Polish is not always required. However, good knowledge of English is usually required.
Here’s what you need to know:
- English proficiency: Most English-taught medical courses in Poland require applicants to prove their English proficiency. This is usually done through standardized language tests such as TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The specific scores required may vary by university and program.
- Language test: If you are applying for a course in English, you will probably have to pass the TOEFL or IELTS exam and achieve the minimum score required by the university. Some universities may also accept other English tests. Therefore, be sure to research the specific requirements of the university you are interested in.
- Exceptions: Some applicants may be exempted from the English test if they have completed their previous education in an English-speaking country or can demonstrate other English proficiency.
- Polish Language Requirements: If you are considering studying Polish language, you must prove your knowledge of the Polish language. Some universities may require passing a Polish proficiency test, others may offer preparatory language courses for foreign students.
- Language courses: If you want to study medicine in Poland but do not have the required language skills, some universities can offer preparatory language courses that will help you to reach the required level before starting medical studies.
It is extremely important that you familiarize yourself with the specific language requirements of the universities and medical programs that interest you.
Visit official admission office for accurate and up-to-date information on language requirements, accepted language tests, and the language preparation opportunities they offer.