The history of the Medical University of Lublin goes back to 1944 when the Faculty of Medicine was included as part of the newly founded Maria Curie-Skłodowska University. In 1950 the Faculty separated from MCSU to form the independent Medical Academy.
Throughout the years, new areas of research and education, such as nursing, pharmacy, or dentistry, were added. In 2001 the English Language Division was founded which has been offering education in Medicine in the English language to students from all over the world.
In 2008 Medical Academy transformed into a university, assuming the name of the Medical University of Lublin.